I. Am. A. Chocoholic. Hopefully that is my first step to curbing my appetite but in the meantime I have come up with this raspberry, coconut and chocolate scone recipe. All the ladies at the Women’s Insitute are gasping in horror at a classic recipe being tampered with, but it is so delicious, and topped with rasperry jam and cream, its my new afternoon craving.
- 3 Cups of Self Raising Flour
- 1 Cup of Desiccated Coconut (plus a little extra for sprinkling)
- 2 tbsp Dutch Cocoa
- 1 Cup of Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 Cup of Raspberries
- 1 Cup of Single Cream
- 1 Cup of Lemonade (I used Sprite)
- Pre heat your oven to 200c. Place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix loosely with a spoon. Add the cream and the lemonade and mix a little with the spoon, you may then use your (or your childs) hands to incorporate all of the ingredients into a dough consistency.
2. Place the mixture on to a lightly floured surface and even out the height with your hands so your dough is around 6cms tall and sprinkle on a little more coconut. Cut out into rounds, I just use a small glass to cut them out, and place onto a lined baking tray and bake for approximately 15 to 20 minutes. Top with jam and cream and devour x