One of our favourite little bunnies is Miffy, so much so, that she has been the theme for a few of our Easter egg hunts over the years. My kids like to get involved as Miffy is super easy to make. She can be made out of fondant, royal icing or a mixture of the two like I have done here and in any colours you like. To save time, MACStencils has a cutter that can cut six Miffy cookies out at a time, it doesn’t get much easier than that!
What you will need:
- Cookie Dough
- Fondant Icing
- Royal Icing
- Icing Colours
- Edible Paint or Pen
- Icing Bags ( I use zip lock bags and clips)
- Paintbrush (if using edible paint)
1. Cut out and chill your cookies in the fridge on a lined baking tray for at least ten minutes while your oven heats up. Bake the cookies as in the recipe. While they are cooling make up some white royal icing, some a thick toothpaste consistency for outlines and details and some a thinner shampoo consistency for flooding the cookie and then bag the icing. Colour your fondant how you wish, for this I have stuck with some traditional Miffy colours, Yellow, Orange and Blue, and set aside.
2. Start by outlining Miffy’s head with the thick icing and then flood this area with the thinner icing, using a toothpick to remove any air bubbles. Using the thick icing, dot on some white hands. Outline some legs and feet with the thick icing and flood with the thinner icing.
3. Roll out your coloured fondant icing and using your cookie cutter, cut out Miffy’s dress. Using a knife, trim off the legs, hands and head of the piece of fondant so that you are left with a dress shape. Dot a little of your thin icing onto Miffy’s body and place the fondant dress on top. Fondant is very forgiving and can be manoeuvred into place or stretched a little to fit the space. Using the thick white icing, add another little blob on the foot to give it a more defined look. Paint on two eyes and a X for the mouth and enjoy some cute Miffy cookies x