I’m always trying to come up with something different for our Halloween Parties and this year the invitation and thank you cards will come with a cookie attached. Here are some that the kids and I have come up with today using some MACStencils cookie cutters.
What you will need:
- Chocolate Cookie Dough
- Royal Icing Powder
- Edible Paint or Pen
- Black Card
- White Pencil
- Icing Bags (I use zip lock bags and clips)
- Paint Brush if using Edible paint
- Cut out your cookies, dipping your cookie cutter in cornflour or icing sugar to prevent it sticking and chill the cookies on a lined baking tray in the fridge for ten minutes while your oven is heating up. Bake your cookies as the recipe suggests and while they are cooling make up your royal icing in two bowls, one a thick toothpaste consistency for outlining and the other a thinner shampoo consistency for flooding your cookie. Once the cookies are cold, outline your ghosts with the thicker icing and then flood them using a toothpick to pop any air bubbles. Set aside to dry.
2. Using the thick outline icing, draw the outlines onto your gravestones and the lettering. Set aside to dry.
3. While the cookies are drying, cut out some black card. On the front draw a picture (or get the kids to do it) that you will attach the cookie to. On the back of the invitation write all of the party information and write on the back of the thank you card. Once the cookies have dried, use a blob of the thick icing to secure the cookie onto the card. Draw or paint on the ghosts face with edible pen or paint. Some cute edible invitations for Halloween x