I like to have a theme sometimes for an afternoon tea, the kids can eat a delicious treat and draw or make something from that theme while i prepare dinner. One of our favourites is Paddington Bear and these Paddington inspired chocolate covered oreos are so easy the kids like to make them.
- Milk Chocolate
- A Little White Chocolate (if using)
- Oreo Cookies
- Edible Black Paint or Edible Pen
- Before you begin cooking, trace around one of the chocolate oreo moulds onto a piece of paper. Draw the ears roughly the size and shape you would like them To be as you will use this as a guide later. Melt your chocolate in a bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds and stir. Place the bowl back into the microwave for 10 second blocks and stir each time until it is completely smooth. Place some of the chocolate into the chocolate mould that we will use to create Paddington’s nose. Tap the mould gently on the bench to dislodge any air bubbles and leave to set in the fridge.
2. Place a tablespoon of chocolate into the oreo mould, pop an oreo on top and push down a little so there is room for a thin layer of chocolate to go on top. Carefully spoon in some more chocolate, but don’t rush it as the oreo might move to the side. Tap on the bench a little and then place into the fridge to set.
3. Tear off some baking paper and place it on top of your bear drawing on a baking tray. Spoon on a little chocolate to make the ears, using the drawing as a size guide and moving the drawing around underneath the baking paper. Place the baking tray into the fridge to set. If you would like to you can add a little melted white chocolate to the ears after the brown has set.
4. Once everything has set, assemble the bears. Use more melted chocolate to attach the noses and ears and leave them on the baking tray in the fridge to set completely. Add some eyes and depth to his nose with edible paint or pen and have some delicious cute chocolate bear Oreos to nibble on x